The Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW, "Credit Institute for Reconstruction") is a development bank and the third largest bank in Germany. It grants loans all over the world according to the principle of subsidiarity and provided funding of EUR 75.5 billion in 2018 alone.
The Brandmonks recruiting team was commissioned by KfW to provide support in expanding their teams in the areas of climate, resource conservation and development cooperation.
Together with KfW, we developed appropriate candidate personae, and carried out active sourcing and applicant management on behalf of KfW.
Brandmonks also took over the entire recruiting process for two board positions. The challenge was to recruit a team of two board members, who should complement each other professionally and harmonize on a personal level, for an institution that had not yet been founded.
- Assembling a Brandmonks team based on relevant experience
- Meeting with around 15 participants to clarify the assignment
- Developing candidate personae and recruiting strategy
- Creating a job advertisement, posting on relevant portals and drafting a complex evaluation matrix for comparability of candidates
- Accompanying active and passive candidates through the process
- Designing interview concepts and guidelines
- Assembling an interview team to conduct interviews in accordance with Covid-19 and moderating in a competence-based manner, as well as documenting and evaluating the experiences and competencies of the candidates according to the defined criteria
- Preparing and presenting decision templates according to the prospects and challenges of the candidates in corresponding team constellations
- Advising on contractual matters and contract negotiations
The cooperation with KfW has been successful and has already been extended as a result.